Everything has a default state and will require energy to move it to its non-default state. An amount of energy needs to be used in order to move it to a new default state. And an amount of energy needs to be used in order to keep it at its desired state. Sometimes this energy can be outsourced.
Ex: A relationship’s default state is non-existant. Left alone, the relationship will migrate to its default state.
Ex: A companies default state is non-existant. Left alone, the company will migrate to its default state.
Ex: Weddings transfer part of the energy requirement from the couple to the societ & laws. Thus marrying decreases the minimum required energy to keep the relationship going. I.e. it increases the energy needed in order to stop being married.
- Think of something you will do today/this week.
- What is the goal of that something?
- What would be the default state of this situation if no energy was given.
- What type of situation decrease/increase the amount of energy needed for the system to run.
- I will go to gym and workout.
- Cure my wrists
- Have better looking shoulders
- Be able to do cool moves
- Default state: I don’t push myself and not have the above 3 goals
- Things that decrease/increase the amount of energy needed to achieve the goals
- Dec: Paying for a trainer decreases the amount of energy I spend to achieve my goals
- Dec: Having a training schedule decreases the amount of energy I spend each session
- Dec: Having close friends at the gym decreases the amount of energy I spend to go there
- Inc: Further away the gym from my house, the more energy it requires to go there
Dec (Actions which decrease the used energy)
Inc (Actions which increase the used energy)